About Me

My photo
this is just a blog to show case my work from college.i will also be posting things that interest/inspire me, along with my feelings. feel free to comment :) i also keep a personal blog. http://wildyoungheartsxx.tumblr.com/

Friday 15 October 2010

studio work.

For this assessment, we were told to create a range of studio portraits to get use used to using the studio light and equipment. here are a few of my favourite final outcomes. when i first went into the studio i was a bit anxious as i didn't really know how to use the lighting and i didn't really want to give my model demands, but after a few shots i just kinder got used to it and i started to feel really comfortable with myself, with my model and with the equipment. these are the images that stood out. as i got more comfortable ideas just started popping into my head and i started to look around me for props. there wasn't much in the room just a ladder that had been left in there, a cracked mirror and a table, but i thought it would be fun to play around with these objects and as a result i got some really fun photographs. i found it easier to give my model commands and instructions when using props. 
would like to say a big thank you to jacob for helping me out :) 












1 comment:

  1. Yes, a great and willing model, Jacob. I think this series shows a real sense of patience. I have never seen Jacob look so calm. You were able to explore a sense of identity with Jacob and bring out some of his striking features - eyes, cheeks, hair. Its a series with great focus, in terms of composition and focus, and appropriate use of light. Good start.

    ReplyDelete